How The Record Works:
- Competitors can choose a time that gives them the best weather window to break the record (For 2020, Competitors have between May 25 and October 31 to choose their window)
- The boat with the best time in each class at the end of the season will be the record holder
- If that time is not bested in subsequent years the boat remains the outright “Around Jamestown Record” holder
- Entrants must notify the Race Committee by 5pm the preceding day of a record attempt
- Boats can sail around Jamestown in the direction of their choosing
- A prize-giving party will be held at the end of the season to award trophies. The IYAC in Newport, RI will host the annual Awards Party.